The SFR Biosciences (UAR3444/US8) is a service unit that provides to life scientists (academic community and industry) a wide range of core facilities specialized in four areas of expertise: animal science (insect, fish, mouse), protein science, phenotyping (cytometry, microscopy, immune and metabolic phenotyping), genetic and cellular technologies. These core facilities participate in research projects funded at national level. Several facilities are certified ISO 9001:2015.
The SFR Biosciences develops a strong science and technology policy for the research centers of the Charles Mérieux campus in the field of biological sciences (Infectious diseases, Cell biology, Plant biology, Protein biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Structural biology, Molecular evolution, Genomics, Immunology, Microbiology). SFR Biosciences develops and runs, in close cooperation with the contributing research centers in Lyon, highly efficient technological core facilities for the entire scientific community.
Core Facilities of the SFR Biosciences include:
- Mouse facility (AniRA-PBES) that provides breeding of SPF mice and transgenic murine lines establishment (genomic engineering)
- A2 and A3 areas will open in 2022
- A new axenic/gnotobiotic area will open in 2022
- Mice genotyping service
- Mice phenotyping services: immune system, bone, cellular metabolic function in live cells, tissues or small model organisms (AniRA-Immos).
- BSL3/I3 facility (new extension will open in 2022)
- Protein Science facility
- Cytometry (spectral, image stream, cell sorting in BSL1 and BSL2), microscopy (live imaging, confocal, spectral, superesolution) platforms
- Vectorology platform
- All facilities provide training to researchers